Last updated on June 19th, 2020
A New Hyatt Hotel in Panama City is under construction. This hotel the twentieth property in Hyatt’s Unbound Collection. Hyatt has scheduled the Hotel La Compañia to open its doors to guests in 2021.
The luxury hotel will be located in the Casco Viejo neighborhood of the Panamanian capital city. Casco Viejo is a UNESCO World Heritage site and is famous for its historic buildings. Historically significant sites include the structure that La Compañia will occupy.
Hyatt is repurposing a seventeenth century Jesuit mission called La Compañia de Jesús. This explains the new hotel’s name. The mission was part of the Catholic order of monks’ evangelical initiatives in the Americas. The adjacent ruins of the Jesuit order’s church built in 1739 will remain untouched.
Features of Hyatt’s New Panama City Hotel
The New Hyatt Hotel La Compañia will be located in one of the most historically significant areas in Central America. As such, guests will be surrounded by beautiful colonial-era architecture. Additionally, guests of La Compañia will spend their nights in meticulously designed rooms that reflect Panama’s varied past.
The property will feature three distinct wings representing three eras in the country’s history. There is a Spanish colonial wing that includes rustic stone walls and saturated tones. On the other hand, the French colonial wing features brighter colors and ornate finishes that reflect the brief period of French rule in Panama. Finally, the American plantation wing features rich woods and plantation shutters reminiscent of when construction of the Panama Canal was underway.
Guests can walk across the street to visit the “Golden Altar” at the San Jose Church, which was built in 1675. Moreover, the Cathedral of Panama will be just around the corner.
Hotel La Compañia’s website is live and serves as an informative resource for the public to see how this exciting new Hyatt property is developing. Visitors to the site can find information on the historic structure that the new hotel is occupying, as well as see photos of the construction process.
Hyatt Credit Cardholders
The New Hyatt Hotel in Panama will increase the options that that World of Hyatt loyalty program members have to earn and redeem their points. World of Hyatt Credit Cardholders can earn as much as nine points for every dollar they spend at Hyatt properties. Considering how La Compañia is part of Hyatt’s luxury Unbound Collection, cardholders can rack up a lot of points if they book a room at this hotel.
The debut of Hyatt’s Hotel La Compañia will also double the number of Unbound Collection properties in Latin America. Presently, there is only one such hotel in the region located in Uruguay called Carmelo Resort & Spa. Rates for this hotel start at $305 a night. Assuming that the rates will be similar at Hyatt’s Casco Viejo historic hotel, cardholders can earn over 8,000 points on a weekend stay.
However, you may not be able to redeem your points at La Compañia or get free stays there. Most of the World of Hyatt perks apply to lower-level properties. Additionally, demand for the new Panama City hotel will most likely be high soon after it has opened its doors. As such, revenue guests will most likely take priority during bookings.
Learn more about the World of Hyatt Credit Card from Chase Bank below:
World of Hyatt Credit Card
- Regular Purchase APR 16.74% to 23.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 16.74% to 23.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.74% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $95
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Visa
- Earn 30,000 Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening
- Plus, earn up to 30,000 More Bonus Points by earning 2 Bonus Points total per $1 spent in the first 6 months from account opening on purchases that normally earn 1 Bonus Point, on up to $15,000 spent
- Earn 4X Bonus Points per $1 spent on purchases at all Hyatt hotel, plus 5X Base Points from Hyatt per eligible $1 spent for being a World of Hyatt member
- Earn 2X Bonus Points per $1 spent at restaurants, on airline tickets purchased directly from the airline, local transit and commuting as well as fitness club and gym memberships
- Plus, earn 1X Bonus Point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Receive one free night at any Category 1–4 Hyatt hotel or resort every year after your cardmember anniversary
- Also receive one extra free night at any Category 1–4 Hyatt hotel or resort if you spend $15,000 in a calendar yea
- No foreign transaction fees
- Regular Purchase APR: 16.74% to 23.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 16.74% to 23.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.74% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: Up to 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee: $95
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!