A New Hyatt Hotel in Panama City is under construction. This hotel the twentieth property in Hyatt’s Unbound Collection. Hyatt has scheduled the Hotel La Compañia to open its doors to guests in 2021.
The luxury hotel will be located in the Casco Viejo neighborhood of the Panamanian capital city. Casco Viejo is a UNESCO World Heritage site and is famous for its historic buildings. Historically significant sites include the structure that La Compañia will occupy.
Hyatt is repurposing a seventeenth century Jesuit mission called La Compañia de Jesús. This explains the new hotel’s name. The mission was part of the Catholic order of monks’ evangelical initiatives in the Americas. The adjacent ruins of the Jesuit order’s church built in 1739 will remain untouched.
Features of Hyatt’s New Panama City Hotel
The New Hyatt Hotel La Compañia will be located in one of the most historically significant areas in Central America. As such, guests will be surrounded by beautiful colonial-era architecture. Additionally, guests of La Compañia will spend their nights in meticulously designed rooms that reflect Panama’s varied past.
The property will feature three distinct wings representing three eras in the country’s history. There is a Spanish colonial wing that includes rustic stone walls and saturated tones. On the other hand, the French colonial wing features brighter colors and ornate finishes that reflect the brief period of French rule in Panama. Finally, the American plantation wing features rich woods and plantation shutters reminiscent of when construction of the Panama Canal was underway.
Guests can walk across the street to visit the “Golden Altar” at the San Jose Church, which was built in 1675. Moreover, the Cathedral of Panama will be just around the corner.
Hotel La Compañia’s website is live and serves as an informative resource for the public to see how this exciting new Hyatt property is developing. Visitors to the site can find information on the historic structure that the new hotel is occupying, as well as see photos of the construction process.
Hyatt Credit Cardholders
The New Hyatt Hotel in Panama will increase the options that that World of Hyatt loyalty program members have to earn and redeem their points. World of Hyatt Credit Cardholders can earn as much as nine points for every dollar they spend at Hyatt properties. Considering how La Compañia is part of Hyatt’s luxury Unbound Collection, cardholders can rack up a lot of points if they book a room at this hotel.
The debut of Hyatt’s Hotel La Compañia will also double the number of Unbound Collection properties in Latin America. Presently, there is only one such hotel in the region located in Uruguay called Carmelo Resort & Spa. Rates for this hotel start at $305 a night. Assuming that the rates will be similar at Hyatt’s Casco Viejo historic hotel, cardholders can earn over 8,000 points on a weekend stay.
However, you may not be able to redeem your points at La Compañia or get free stays there. Most of the World of Hyatt perks apply to lower-level properties. Additionally, demand for the new Panama City hotel will most likely be high soon after it has opened its doors. As such, revenue guests will most likely take priority during bookings.
Learn more about the World of Hyatt Credit Card from Chase Bank below:
World of Hyatt Credit Card
Earn up to 50,000 Bonus Points (Worth 10 Free Nights!)
- Regular Purchase APR 15.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 15.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $95
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Visa
- Automatic World of Hyatt Discoverist status
- 4X points per $1 spent at Hyatt hotels
- 2X points per $1 spent on transit, dining, airline tickets, and gyms
- 1X points per $1 for all other card purchases
- Free night award after every cardmember anniversary
- Additional free night for spending $15,000 during your cardmember anniversary year
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee: $95
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- 20% off + Free Shipping on Fanatics.com orders of $49+ - Offer Expires on April 15, 2021 - See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 - Offer Expires on April 30, 2021 - See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 - Offer Expires on December 22, 2021 - See Details
- Save 10% on Select Regularly Priced Jewelry - Offer Expires on February 03, 2022 - See Details
- Save 10% and complimentary daily breakfast for two with Preferred Hotels - Offer Expires on March 31, 2022 - See Details
- Save $25 in the US with 1-800-GOT-JUNK? - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Save 15%* off the Merchandise Value** of your purchase with promotion code VISA38 - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Save 15%* off the Merchandise Value** of your purchase at Harry & David - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Troon® Golf for Visa Infinite - Offer Expires on January 26, 2022 - See Details
- Sonoma Wine Tastings 2:1 Offer with a Visa Signature or Visa Infinite Card - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- View All Deals -