Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on September 13th, 2021
Bank of Missouri Visa® College Real Rewards Card
Earn 2,500 Bonus Rewards Points
- Regular Purchase APR 14.49% to 23.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 14.49% to 23.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Poor , No Credit Required
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Visa
- Earn 1.5x rewards per dollar spent on eligible purchases
- 2,500 bonus rewards points after first purchase – equal to $25
- No annual fee
- $0 fraud liability
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 14.49% to 23.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 6 months on transfers made within 186 days from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 14.49% to 23.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 2% of the transaction amount or foreign ATM advance transaction in U.S. dollars. 3% of the transaction amount or foreign ATM advance transaction in a foreign currency
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
At a Glance
The Bank of Missouri’s Visa® College Real Rewards Card is a solid student card option for anyone over the age of 18 looking to build their credit history while building their knowledge at school. College can be expensive, but students who use this card will earn 1.5 points for every dollar they spend on eligible net purchases – that’s equal to 1.5% cash back. In addition to earning rewards, the card presents a special bonus, an introductory APR offer, and more.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Want to build credit history while in college
- Would like a bonus reward for making their first purchase
- Have plans to finance a large purchase within the first 6 billing cycles to save on interest
- Want to earn 1.5x points on all eligible purchases
Bank of Missouri Visa® College Real Rewards Card Review
Building credit can be difficult, especially on a college budget. Many students don’t realize that a credit card account is crucial to begin this process. The Bank of Missouri’s Visa® College Real Rewards Card is a great credit card offer for students who would like to earn rewards while they expand their credit history.
No Annual Fee
Expendable income may be scarce for the average college student. Every bit of savings on spending counts. With the Bank of Missouri Visa® College Real Rewards Card, students can enjoy the freedom of building credit all with no yearly fee. No annual fee means your wallet won’t take a hit. However, the credit card does have a foreign transaction fee, in which case a student seeking travel may have to be mindful while using the card out of the country.
Furthermore, get rewarded for using the Bank of Missouri Visa® College Real Rewards Card. After you make your first purchase, you’ll receive 2,500 bonus points. That’s equal to a $25 statement credit. Keep in mind your first purchase can be anything. The less you spend, the bigger the value. For instance, if your first purchase is a $1 bag of chips for a quick snack break, then you’re on your way to being $25 richer. Your $1 purchase will earn you 2,500 bonus points (equal to $25). Maximize the value of the bonus offer by going lower on your first purchase amount. Then redeem your rewards however you see fit. Redeem for cash back, merchandise, gift cards, and even travel savings.
The opportunity to earn points is what sets this student credit card apart. While not very common for a student credit card, the Bank of Missouri Visa® College Real Rewards Card gives pupils a chance to earn points on all their purchases. The student card takes it a step further and offers 1.5x points per dollar spent versus the basic 1x point offered through many other credit cards. Therefore, presenting extra added value for its cardholder. So rewards can be earned when buying textbooks for the semester, hitting the movies with friends after class, or heading to Starbucks before a late-night study session. There’s no cap or limit to the number of points you can accumulate with the Bank of Missouri Visa® College Real Rewards Card. Points expire five years after earned on eligible net purchases, so you have plenty of time to save up for a special something.
Intro 0% APR
Another great benefit that students can take advantage of is the Visa® Real Rewards Card introductory interest offer. For a student card, an APR of 0% for the first six billing cycles is very generous and will go a long way toward helping cardholders save money when they pay off a big purchase. This is incredibly valuable for expensive purchases at the beginning of the semester, such as textbooks or perhaps a much-needed laptop.
The 0% intro APR also applies to balance transfers. This is an ideal offer if you plan to carry over an existing balance to create yourself a window of time for paying down debt faster. After that, the credit card interest rate will switch over to a variable APR based on your creditworthiness. See terms for complete details.
Students will also benefit from a variety of other significant features. These include protection from fraudulent purchases, auto rental collision damage, and 24-hour cardmember services. Other perks include:
- Travel Assistance
- ATMs Worldwide
- Zero Fraud Liability
- Verified by Visa Protection
- Free Extra Card
Should You Apply for the Bank of Missouri Visa® College Real Rewards Card?
For students that may be new to the world of credit, the Bank of Missouri Visa® College Real Rewards Card is an excellent starter card. Especially for college pupils on the hunt for a credit card that will earn rewards as they spend. Plus, let us not forget the added introductory offer perk supplying added value for the cardholder. No annual fees, a sign-up bonus statement credit, and unlimited cash back are the ideal recipe for a great credit builder card. This formula is even greater thanks to the lack of a security deposit feature, meaning college students can build credit without a secured card – saving that cash for books, groceries, and who knows what else.