The Platinum Card from American Express is one of the most versatile premium credit cards on the market. The card offers value for those who like to make use of the myriad statement credits it provides. Now, Amex is upping the ante by providing even more value. For a limited time only, the American Express Platinum Card is giving cardholders the chance to earn up to $1,880 in statement credits.
American Express Platinum Card Limited-Time Statement Credit Offers
American Express spent the better part of 2020 looking to add value to its premium, Membership Rewards cards. The coronavirus pandemic significantly impacted the value of the travel perks for which Amex cards are known.
The American Express product refreshes anticipated late last year are now starting to become apparent. The issuer is now launching a massive assortment of statement credits to its already impressive Platinum Card. These new, limited-time credits include the following:
Platinum Card Statement Credit Offers Available Through June 2021
PayPal Statement Credits
American Express Platinum cardholders receive up to $180 in statement credits on eligible purchases made through PayPal. This statement credit offer breaks down to up to $30 per month through June 30, 2021.
Hotel Statement Credits
Another significant change to the Amex Platinum Card is a property credit of $250 or more after booking eligible stays through Amex Travel at participating Fine Hotels + Resorts® properties. Instead of the statement credit, cardholders can also opt for a one-time complimentary night at participating resorts and hotels.
American Express Gold cardholders can receive a complimentary night or a property credit of $150 or more after booking eligible stays through Amex Travel.
Food & Beverage Statement Credits
Platinum Cardholders can earn up to $260 back in statement credits at select food and beverage retailers:
- Goldbelly: Spend $100 or more on eligible regional and artisanal foods through Goldbelly and receive a $50 statement credit. This offer is good for up to three uses.
- Home Chef: Spend $50 or more on eligible Home Chef purchases and receive a $50 statement credit. This offer is valid only once.
- Instacart: Spend $250 or more on Instacart groceries or deliveries and receive a $50 statement credit. This offer is good for up to two uses.
- Wine Insiders: Spend $30 or more on eligible purchases and receive a $30 statement credit. This offer is good for up to two uses.
Retail Statement Credits
Amex Platinum cardholders can also earn up to $400 in statement credits through select retail partners, including:
- Best Buy: Spend $50 or more on eligible purchases at BestBuy.com and receive a $50 statement credit. This offer is valid up to two times.
- The Home Depot: Spend $50 or more on eligible purchases at HomeDepot.com and receive a $50 statement credit. This offer is valid up to two times.
- Samsung: Spend $1,000 or more on eligible Samsung purchases and receive a $200 statement credit. This offer is valid only once.
Other Amex Platinum Statement Credits
- Avis Rental Cars: Spend $75 or more on eligible purchases or car rentals with Avis and receive a $75 statement credit. This offer is good for up to two uses.
- Equinox: Spend $780 or more on eligible purchases or virtual personal training with Equinox and receive a $130 statement credit. This offer is good for up to five uses – worth up to $650.
- Scribd: Spend $9.99 or more and get a $9.99 credit – up to five times.
- The Container Store: Spend $150 or more on eligible purchases and receive a $50 statement credit. This offer is good for up to two uses.
Limited-Time Only American Express Statement Credit Fine Print
American Express Platinum Cardholders must enroll in the new Amex statement credit offers to take part. Cardholders must log in to their account or visit the American Express Offers site to register. Offer expires June 30, 2021.
Other Amex Platinum Offers
American Express is also launching new travel benefits for holders of the Platinum Card. These include:
Pay with Points: Cardholders can use Pay with Points to earn double Membership Rewards points on prepaid car rental bookings through AmexTravel.com.
Flight Savings: Platinum Cardholders have access to cheaper fares on select seats, flights, and routes through participating airlines. Cardholders can save up to 20% off the publicly listed flight price for eligible flights and seats booked between January 10, 2021, and March 31, 2021, for travel from January 10, 2021, through May 31, 2021.
Related Article: American Express Offers Matching Donations to Feeding America
Featured photo by Matthew Henry / Burst
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.