Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Marriott Bonvoy Bountiful Card
Marriott Bonvoy Bountiful Card
- Regular Purchase APR 18.24% to 25.24%variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 18.24% to 25.24%variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 27.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $250
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Visa
- Earn up to 18.5X total points for every $1 spent at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy
- Earn 4X points per $1 on the first $15,000 spent in combined purchases each year on grocery stores and dining
- Earn 2X points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- 1,000 Bonus Points per each stay at a hotel participating in Marriott Bonvoy
- Receive 15 Elite Night Credits per calendar year and automatic Gold Elite status each account anniversary year as a cardmember
- Regular Purchase APR: 18.24% to 25.24%variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 18.24% to 25.24%variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 27.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: Up to 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee: $250
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The Marriott Bonvoy Bountiful Credit Card earns big rewards but has a bigger price tag. The card earns up to 18.5X on Marriott stays, 4X on dining and groceries, and 2X on everything else but charges a $250 annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Plan to stay at Marriott properties often
- Spend heavily on groceries and dining purchases
- Don’t want to pay foreign transaction fees
Marriott Bonvoy Bountiful Credit Card Review
The Bonvoy Bountiful instantly turns heads with its impressive welcome offer. New accounts can earn 125,000 bonus Bonvoy points after spending $4,000 on purchases in the first three months. That bonus has a cash back value of approximately $950 – an excellent bonus for a relatively modest spend.
How to Earn Rewards
Marriott Bonvoy credit cards are all about the impressive points they earn on Marriott stays, and the Bountiful is no different. The Bountiful Card earns up to 18.5X points per dollar spent at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy. That 18.5X breaks down as 6X points per $1 spent with the Bountiful Card, up to 10X from Marriott for being a loyalty member, and 2.5X points through the complimentary gold Elite status.
The Marriott Bonvoy Bountiful also earns up to 4X points per $1 spent on dining and grocery store purchases. Cardmembers earn 4X points per $1 on the first $15,000 spent in combined purchases each year on grocery stores and dining, and 2X points after that. They’ll also earn 2X points on all other purchases with the card (including travel)
How to Redeem Marriott Bonvoy Points
Bonvoy Bountiful™ can redeem points in various ways, including for additional award night stays. How far Bonvoy points travel depends on the time of year and the hotel. This is because the program labels eligible hotels with varying values.
Cardmembers can use points for free nights at either standard or discounted rates, as available, or pay for a portion of the room and use points for a discount. Some standard rooms are available for as few as 5,000 points a night during the off-season. If that’s not enough value, anytime you book four nights; you get a complimentary 5th night to extend your rewards even further.
Redeeming for free nights at your favorite Marriott Bonvoy locations is usually considered the best choice for value. However, other redemption options include airline tickets, gift cards, charity donations, or hotel stay upgrades, including spa access and room service.
Marriott Bonvoy points expire after 24 months with qualifying activities on the account. Fortunately, keeping an account active is as easy as using the Bonvoy Bountiful Card to make a purchase. Additionally, points may be forfeited (and the Bonvoy member account closed) after five years of inactivity.
Additional Free Night Award and Elite Status
Like other premium Marriott Bonvoy credit cards, the Bountiful provides a Free Night Award certificate every calendar year. Unfortunately, that fee night comes after meeting the spending requirement: $15,000 in a calendar year. The Bonvoy Boundless, which features a $95 annual fee, offers the same Free Night Award without the sending requirements.
Fortunately, the Bountiful provides Gold Elite status in the Marriott Bonvoy program, whereas the Boundless offers Silver Elite status. Gold Elite tier earns a 25% bonus on points earned. Members earn 12.5 points for every $1 spent with most Marriott brands and 6.25 points for every $1 at long-stay hotels.
Here is how the Bountiful Card stacks up with the Bonvoy Boundless, the other premium Bonvoy credit card from Chase:
Other Card Features
Other notable features of the Marriott Bonvoy Bountiful Credit Card include no foreign transaction fees, complimentary in-room, premium internet access while staying at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels, and Visa Signature benefits and consumer protections. These Visa benefits include the following:
|Zero Fraud Liability||Cardholder Inquiry Services||Emergency Card Replacement|
|Roadside Dispatch and Auto Collision Damage Waiver||Lost/Stolen Card Reporting||ID Navigator from Norton|
|Luxury Hotel Collection||Travel & Emergency Assistance||Extended Warranty Coverage|
|Visa Signature Concierge|
FAQs About the Marriott Bonvoy
Here are some of the most commonly asked questions regarding the Marriott Bonvoy loyalty program, along with the answers:
- Marriott is the common name not only for a chain within the Marriott portfolio, but also for the chain as a whole. Marriott Bonvoy, on the other hand, refers to the chain’s loyalty program.
- Bonvoy points expire after 24 months without qualifying activity.
- You can contact Marriott customer service representatives at 1-800-535-4028.
JP Morgan Chase and Marriott Card Ratings
How does the Marriott Bonvoy credit card stack up? Here are a selection of expert reviews for the card, as well as an overview of JP Morgan Chase as a bank:
Should You Apply for the Marriott Bonvoy BountifulTM Credit Card?
Does the Marriott Bonvoy BountifulTM Credit Card justify its steep annual fee? Not really. The card provides many Bonvoy points on eligible stays and dining/grocery purchases. Still, those rewards aren’t a marked improvement from the Bonvoy Boundless. The Boundless earns 1X less than the Bountiful on stays with Bonvoy partners, but with a $155 difference in the annual fee. Sure, the Bountiful offers 4X on dining and groceries and 1,000 bonus points per eligible stay, but that isn’t worth $155 more.
Ultimately, the Bountiful Visa from Chase and Marriott is mainly about the welcome bonus and Gold Elite status in the Bonvoy program. If you plan to spend the amount needed to reach that bonus, great, but if not, there are many other hotel credit cards out there at a much better annual charge.