Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
First Bank Business Edition® Mastercard® with Reward Simplicity
$30 Cash Back Bonus
- Regular Purchase APR 14.24% to 20.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 14.24% to 20.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 12 months
- Processing Network Mastercard
- No annual fee
- Earn unlimited 1.5% Cash Back rewards on every purchase
- 0% Intro APR for the first 12 months on purchases and balance transfers
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 12 months
- Regular Purchase APR: 14.24% to 20.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 12 months
- Balance Transfer APR: 14.24% to 20.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greateR
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $15 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction in U.S. dollars
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: $35
- Over Limit Penalty Fee: $39
At a Glance
The First Bank Business Edition® Mastercard® with Reward Simplicity provides solid cash back, a quality 0% APR period on both purchases and balance transfers, and more – all for no annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Already bank with First Bank
- Plan to issue multiple employee cards
- Plan on making full use of the lengthy intro APR periods
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
First Bank Business Edition® Mastercard® with Reward Simplicity Credit Card Review
Earn Unlimited Cash Back Rewards
The First Bank Business Edition® Mastercard® with Reward Simplicity Credit Card offers rewards in much the same way as First Bank’s premier personal credit card, the First Bank Maximum Rewards® World Mastercard®. Businesses earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on all eligible purchases, with no confusing MCC codes or spending caps to track.
That cash back earning rate is on-par with several prominent small business credit cards, notably the Business Advantage Unlimited Cash Rewards Credit Card from Bank of America. It might not be the most impressive earning rate on a business card, but it is highly competitive – and ideal for companies that plan on issuing multiple cards to employees.
The Business Edition® Mastercard® with Reward Simplicity also mirrors the First Bank Maximum Rewards personal credit card in its sign-up bonus. New card accounts can earn a $30 cash reward after making just $600 in purchases with the card within the first three billing cycles after the account is opened.
That cash back bonus (worth 3,000 points as that is the rewards currency of the First Bank rewards program) is achieved with only $200 in spending each month (on average) after opening the account – a very simple proposition for a rather uninspiring business reward.
That cash back bonus (worth 3,000 points as that is the rewards currency of the First Bank rewards program) is achieved with only $200 in spending each month (on average) after opening the account – a very simple proposition.
How to Redeem Cash Rewards with First Bank
Points with First Bank apply towards awards in the First Bankcard Rewards Program. Available redemption options for businesses include statement credits, gift cards with dozens of leading brands, travel, or merchandise.
Points are redeemable in denominations of $25, $50, $100, $250, and $1,000. Points expire on the fifth anniversary after they are awarded.
Introductory APR on Purchases and Balance Transfers
The First Bank Business Edition® Mastercard® with Reward Simplicity Credit Card also provides a decent 0% introductory APR period. New business accounts receive 12 months of no interest on purchases and balance transfers, followed by a variable APR beginning as low as 14% (subject to creditworthiness and the Prime Rate).
That competitive APR makes the First Bank business card a versatile rewards card and balance transfer product, although a fee of 5% (minimum $10) applies to each balance transfer made with the card.
Other Card Features
Other noteworthy features with the First Bank Business Edition® Mastercard® with Reward Simplicity include:
- Free 24/7 online access for account management. The Authorized Company Representative can view transaction activity and history, pay bills, set up alerts, and more.
- Free management reports help track expenses, monitor spending, spot tax deductions, prepare tax filings, and forecast expenses more easily.
- Cash flow management with the flexibility to cover the cost of supplies, equipment, travel, and more.
- Request additional cards
- 3% foreign transaction fee
Should You Apply for the First Bank Business Edition® Mastercard® with Reward Simplicity Credit Card?
First Bank is a leading regional bank with offices in Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, and California. For small-to-medium-sized companies in these areas, the First Bank Business Edition® Mastercard® with Reward Simplicity Credit Card provides quality value for no annual fee.
The card earns an unlimited 1.5% back on every purchase, which, while not exceptional, is a steady rewards rate on par with many leading business cards. Add to that 0% APR on purchases and transfers for a full year and a very competitive regular APR, and you have a versatile business card that ticks all the boxes it should – and none it shouldn’t – for no annual fee.