- Get paid faster with Netspend Direct Deposit
- No late fees or interest charges
- Can be used anywhere Visa Debit cards are accepted
- Choose from various card designs
- Annual Fee: $0
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3.5% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Minimum Deposit Required: $10
- Complimentary EZ Mini Crunchies (60g) when you spend S$120 - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- 10% off museum entry - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save up to 55% on London theater tickets - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 10% on Tower of London access tickets - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 5% with Alamo® at participating locations - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 5% with Enterprise Rent-A-Car® at participating locations - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% on The Paris Explorer Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% on The London Explorer Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% when you purchase your Go Barcelona Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% when you purchase your Go Bangkok Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
The Netspend® Visa® Prepaid Card can be a useful alternative to a traditional credit card by giving you more control over your spending and doing away with the fear of having your credit score negatively impacted.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are looking for a prepaid card that offers cash back rewards
- Don’t want a card that reports to the major credit bureaus
- Want a convenient payment method that won’t impact your credit score
- Are looking for a card in which you can automatically deposit your paycheck, government benefits, or tax refund
Netspend Prepaid Visa Review
Like other prepaid cards, the Netspend Prepaid Visa Card offers many of the perks of a debit card, plus the added protection and security you’d expect from a credit card.
Netspend Prepaid Visa Card Benefits:
- No activation fees
- No credit checks
- No minimum balance required
- No overdraft fees
- No monthly fee
- Free direct deposit and bill pay
- Customize your card
Netspend offers both a Prepaid Visa and a Prepaid Mastercard, but it is just a matter of preference which option you choose. Both cards provide a heap of perks that simply don’t come with other prepaid options, like gift cards. The Netspend Prepaid Visa is essentially a reloadable Visa gift card that can be used anywhere Visa is accepted worldwide. How does it offer better value than a gift card? Well, a gift card can only be used with one chain – a Visa prepaid card is accepted at more than 93 million locations across the globe!
A Prepaid Card with Rewards
The Netspend Prepaid Visa comes with the option of an opt-in rewards program – Payback Rewards. This program allows you to earn cash back on select purchases, with the rewards being applied to the account balance – no gift card can offer that.
Get Paid Two Days Faster
Netspend Prepaid Visa holders can have access to their direct deposits up to two days earlier than usual. Banks wait to make deposit funds available once the amount settles into the account. With Netspend, however, the deposit enters your account once payment instruction is received, meaning you have access to your hard-earned money when you want it, not when the bank decides to allow.
Should You Apply for the Netspend Prepaid Visa?
Prepaid cards are an excellent option for those who want the benefits of a credit card but without the restraints of a credit card or typical checking account. Since prepaid cards don’t require a credit check, they are a great option for anyone with poor or bad credit, or just don’t want the hassle of a traditional card.
The NetSpend Prepaid Visa Card is perfect in this role, as it provides ease of access, the option of getting paid two days earlier, and no monthly fees. The addition of rewards on eligible purchases makes this a prepaid card with a difference – and one that you should carefully considerin lieu of a credit or debit card.