LATAM Visa® Card
15,000 Bonus Points After First Card Use
- Regular Purchase APR 15.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 15.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 23.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $0 for the first 12 months. After that, $45
- Credit Needed Good
- Processing Network Visa
- Earn 1 LATAM Pass Point for every eligible net $1 you spend
- Get 15,000 bonus points after your first card use and 2,000 bonus points with your annual renewal
- Receive a 10% discount on LATAM Airlines purchase (up to $500) 1 time per year
- No cap on points earned
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either 3% of the amount of each transfer or $5 minimum, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 23.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either 4% of the amount of each advance or $5 minimum, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee: $0 for the first 12 months. After that, $45
- Foreign Transaction Fee: Up to 3% of each foreign purchase transaction amount
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
- Spoil your pup with a FREE upgrade to BarkBox. – Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 – See Details
- Save 10% on all Afternoon Tea orders – Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 – See Details
- Save 10% on The Berlin Pass – Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 – See Details
- Complimentary EZ Mini Crunchies (60g) when you spend S$120 – Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 – See Details
- 10% off museum entry – Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 – See Details
- Save up to 55% on London theater tickets – Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 – See Details
- Save an extra 10% on Tower of London access tickets – Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 – See Details
- Save 5% with Alamo® at participating locations – Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 – See Details
- Save 5% with Enterprise Rent-A-Car® at participating locations – Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 – See Details
- Save an extra 5% on The Paris Explorer Pass – Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 – See Details
- View All Deals –
At a Glance
The LATAM Visa Card is an uncomplicated airline rewards credit card from U.S. Bank and South American airline giant LATAM. Cardholders earn a single point for every dollar spent on purchases – points which are redeemable LATAM flights, upgrades, and other perks, as well as flights with LATAM codeshare partners. New cardholders also receive 15,000 bonus points when making a first purchase, plus an additional 2,000 points each year when they renew their card membership.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Prefer to fly with LATAM
- Want to earn LATAM Pass points for every purchase they make
- Frequently travel to Central or South America
LATAM Visa Card Review
The LATAM Visa Card is a no-nonsense airline rewards card for those who frequently travel to or from South America. For a $45 annual fee (which U.S. Bank waives for the first year of membership), holders a single point for every dollar spent on purchases. Cardholders also receive 15,000 bonus points when they first use their new card to make a purchase and a further 2,000- points on each cardmember anniversary (after renewal).
How to Use LATAM Points
The LATAM Pass rewards program is one of the richest programs in the Americas- and one of the most popular. Points are applicable towards travel with LATAM, LATAM subsidiaries, and LATAM codeshare partners, including their new partnership with Delta – the world’s largest carrier. Points also apply towards seat upgrades, additional baggage allowances, and other associated travel costs with LATAM and LATAM partners.
Beyond flights, points can also be used towards hotel stays with partners that include Starwood Preferred Guest, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors, IHG, Hyatt, and more. Points are also applicable towards rental car hires with select partners and merchandise through LATAM retail partners.
Where Are the Perks?
The LATAM Visa Signature Card offers some quality perks for its $75 annual fee. The LATAM Visa Card, on the other hand, doesn’t really offer much. For $45 a year, cardholders don’t receive any upgrades, baggage allowances, or anything coming close to airport perks. While the amount of bonus points available for new cardholders after making the first purchase – and on each anniversary – is comparable to the Visa Signature Card, meager points per dollar and the lack of cardholder benefits hurt this card in the long run.
Should You Apply for the LATAM Visa Card?
The LATAM Visa Card suffers from its high annual fee of $45. While $45 might not seem like a lot, and the fee is waived for the first year, there really isn’t much for cardholders in that $45 annual fee. The card offers no airport perks like complimentary checked baggage, lounge access, or even priority boarding. While many other comparable cards with a similar price point also lack most of these perks, but they typically offer at least some.
The ray of sunshine with the LATAM Visa is the carriers burgeoning relationship with U.S. giant Delta Airlines. LATAM is South America’s largest carrier, and their new relationship with Delta Airlines ensures that all LATAM Cardholders receive significant value on their LATAM Pass rewards points. Delta is currently the world’s largest airline, which makes their pairing with LATAM even more enticing for frequent flyers.