Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on November 16th, 2021
Expedia® Rewards Card
Earn 15,000 Expedia Rewards Bonus Points
- Regular Purchase APR 14.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 14.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent
- Processing Network Mastercard
- 3X Expedia Rewards points per $1 spent on eligible Expedia purchases including flights, hotels, activities and travel packages
- 1X Expedia Rewards point per $1 spent on other purchases
- Complimentary Expedia Rewards Silver status
- Earn 1 Elite Qualifying Hotel Night towards Expedia+ gold status qualification for every $2,500 spent
- Uncapped earnings
- Regular Purchase APR: 14.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 14.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: Up to 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
At a Glance
The Expedia® Rewards Card from Citi is a travel rewards card that makes it easy to earn Expedia Rewards points and save when you stay at hotels around the world.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Travel often, particularly by booking through Expedia.com
- Seek to earn rewards points by making purchases with your credit card
- Want to accelerate your progress towards Expedia Rewards gold status
Expedia® Rewards Card Review
The Expedia®Rewards Card automatically allows you to earn Expedia Rewards points, which go towards redemption for hotel stays, rental car savings, and discounts on attractions worldwide. Each dollar spent on eligible Expedia purchases – such as flights, hotels, activities, and travel packages – earns 3 points, while all other purchases net 1 Expedia Rewards point per dollar.
As long as you remain a card member, you’ll have no limits to the number of points you can earn, and in addition, you’ll enjoy complimentary Expedia Rewards silver status. You will need to continue earning or redeeming points every 18 months, however, or you will risk losing them. The card also provides accelerated Gold status. Cardholders earn one Elite Qualifying Hotel Night towards Expedia Rewards Gold status qualification for each increment of $2,500 in purchases made on the card between your January and December billing statements.
If you use your Expedia® Rewards Card early and often, you can benefit from a big sign-up bonus. After making $1,000 in purchases within the first three months of opening an account, you’ll be rewarded with 15,000 Expedia Rewards bonus points, which can be redeemed at hotels. These properties value your points even higher, so you’ll want to browse the list and see where your value makes the most sense.
Should You Apply for the Expedia® Rewards Card from Citi?
There are plenty of travel reward credit cards that cater to select airlines or hotels. The Expedia®Rewards Card from Citi differs in that it provides the ability to both earn rewards and spend them with leading website Experida.com.
Purchases with the site earn 3X points, with all other purchases earning a single point per dollar spent. New accounts also enjoy 15,000 bonus points after spending just $1,000 in purchases within the first three months. Cardholders also enjoy complimentary Silver status with the Expedia Rewards program.