Last updated on September 11th, 2023
Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Asiana Airlines Visa Signature® Credit Card
Asiana Airlines Visa Signature® Credit Card
- 15.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 15.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 18.99% to 26.99% variable for Direct Deposit and Check Cash Advances; 27.24% variable for Bank Cash Advances Cash Advance APR
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- Get 30,000 Bonus Miles after you make $3,000 or more in purchases within the first 90 days of account opening
- 3X miles for every dollar you spend on Asiana Airlines purchases
- 2X miles for every dollar you spend on gas and at grocery stores
- 1X mile for every dollar you spend on all other purchases
- 2 Asiana Airline lounge invitations per year
- 10,000 Bonus Miles Certificate awarded annually
- $100 annual rebate on Asiana Airlines ticket purchases
- No foreign transaction fees
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: $10 or 3% of the amount of each balance transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 18.99% to 26.99% variable for Direct Deposit and Check Cash Advances; 27.24% variable for Bank Cash Advances
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: $10 or 3-5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: Up to 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee: $99
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $29
At a Glance
The Asiana Airlines Visa Signature® Credit Card is an attractive companion for the frequent Asiana Airlines traveler. Its miles-friendly rewards system nets users earnings quickly, and the card also offers yearly bonuses just for having an account.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Travel often, especially with Asiana Airlines
- Are enrolled in the Asiana Club and want more ways to earn miles
- Want to enjoy a card with no foreign transaction fees
- Are looking for a credit card that rewards you for making everyday purchases
Asiana Airlines Visa Signature® Credit Card Review
The Asiana Airlines Visa Signature® Credit Card is a decent airline credit card for Asiana Club members or those who frequently travel to Asia.
How to Earn Rewards
The Asiana Visa Signature Card from Bank of America earns 3X Asiana miles on all purchases made with Asiana Airlines. Asiana Airlines is one of the leading carriers in South Korea, making the card an exceptional value for those who either fly to Korea or with any other Star Alliance airline.
Beyond Asiana purchases, the card also earns 2X miles on gas and grocery purchases and 1X miles on all other eligible purchases. The 2X miles aren’t exceptional, but the gas and grocery categories offer robust opportunities for those who want an everyday credit card.
Signup Bonus Miles
New members also have the chance to earn 30,000 bonus miles when they spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 90 days. This introductory bonus has a cash value of approximately $400.
Annual Bonus Miles
Even when not using the card, you’ll still get rewarded just for being a cardholder. Every year Asiana grants you two Asiana Airline lounge invitations, which allow you to wait for your flight in elegant, full-featured facilities. You’ll also receive a 10,000-bonus mile certificate, plus an automatic rebate of $100 from previous ticket purchases. And, as is the case with any good travel credit card, there are no foreign transaction fees.
How to Redeem Miles
- Travel:Redeeming bonus miles with Asiana Airlines and other Star Alliance partner carriers is both simple and straightforward. Cardholders can use miles to save on select Asiana Airlines flights, travel on a Star Alliance partner, purchase seat upgrades, pay for additional or excess baggage, or access lounges.
- Mileage Mall: Asiana Airlines’ Mileage Mall allows Asiana Club members to use their bonus miles for movies, excursions, cultural activities, and more with various partners across South Korea.
Do Asiana Miles Expire?
Asiana miles do not expire for ten years. For Diamond, Diamond Plus, or Platinum Asiana Club members, however, miles expire after 12 years.
Should You Apply for the Asiana Airlines Visa Signature® Credit Card?
The Asiana Visa Signature® Card offers the potential for huge mile-earnings and has some great perks. These include things like two complimentary lounge invitations for each year of membership.
The Asiana Visa Signature Card is difficult to justify for some people, however. This is especially true of those who either rarely travel to Asia or don’t fly enough with other Star Alliance carriers to justify the cost.
Fortunately, the card can help frequent travelers earn miles that can be used to gain Silver or Gold Star Alliance status, and also earn miles that are redeemable for flights with other Star Alliance carriers. The decent APR and no foreign transaction fees also help. These perks make the card an overall suitable choice.