Marriott Bonvoy is offering a new promotion where credit cardholders earn up to 4,000 bonus points after completing an eligible stay at participating hotels, starting with their second stay. The new promotion runs from September 21 through December 15, 2022. Here are all the details:
Register Now for Marriott’s New Global Promotion
With Americans returning to travel in large numbers, Marriott Bonvoy, the award-winning travel program from Marriott International, is inviting members to make a brand-new bucket list this Fall with the launch of its latest Global Promotion. Members are able to rack up unlimited bonus points throughout the 86-day earning period to put towards future travel and experiences at properties across the Marriott Bonvoy portfolio.
Marriott Bonvoy members can register now through December 1 to earn 2,000 bonus points after completing an eligible stay at participating hotels, starting with their second stay. Eligible stays must be completed from September 21 through December 15, 2022. There are no limits on points earnable, meaning the more you stay, the more you earn.
Additionally, Chase and Marriott will select three contest winners to receive the trip of a lifetime, valued at up to $50,000 each, and be able to participate in activities and dining experiences and choose stays from thousands of properties participating in Marriott Bonvoy across the globe. Interested travelers can enter the contest by submitting a unique Pinterest board and video or essay sharing why their bucket list experience is important to them. Full details and rules are here. Entrants do not need to be a Marriott Bonoy cardmember to enter.
Earn Even More Bonus Points with a Marriott Credit Card
Marriot Bonvoy credit card members can earn even more, thanks to the impressive points they already earn on Marriott stays. Eligible card members can earn up to 4,000 bonus points on an individual stay, with no maximum limits, while exploring the unrivaled depth and breadth of the Marriott Bonvoy brand portfolio. Here is a breakdown of the earning potential of Marriott’s consumer credit cards by Chase and American Express:
Marriott Bonvoy Bold®
Marriott Bonvoy Boundless®
Marriott Bonvoy Bevy™
Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant®
|Rewards||Earn 3X points at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy®, 2X points on eligible travel purchases and 1X points on all other purchases||Earn 6X points at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy®, 3X points on gas, groceries, and dining (up to $6,000/year), and 2X points on all other purchases||Earn 6X at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy, 4X at restaurants worldwide and U.S. supermarkets (up to $15,000 in combined purchases per calendar year, then 2X points), and 2X points on all other eligible purchases||Earn 6X points at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy®, 3X points on U.S. dining and flights booked with airlines, and 2X points on all other purchases|
|Elite status||Silver Elite||Silver Elite||Gold Elite||Gold Elite|
|Payment Network||Visa||Visa||American Express||American Express|
American Express also issues a small business credit card: the Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card. That card earns 6X points at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties, 4X for purchases made at restaurants worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers, and on U.S. purchases for shipping, and 2X points on all other purchases, with a $125 annual fee.
Here are some additional details:
- The promotion earning period runs from September 21, 2022, to December 15, 2022.
- Marriott defines a “stay” as consecutive nights spent in the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity, at any points-eligible rate.
- Stays completed before registration are not eligible to earn bonus points with this promotion. Members must register here before December 1, 2022.
- With this promotion, members can earn unlimited bonus points during the earning period. Registered members can begin earning bonus points from the first eligible stay within the earning period and on each eligible stay after that.
- You must be the primary Credit Card account holder and have an active Marriott Bonvoy® Credit Card, legacy Starwood Preferred Guest-branded or legacy Marriott Rewards-branded credit card issued in the United States, Japan, South Korea, Mexico, United Arab Emirates, Canada, China, and the United Kingdom, or The Ritz-Carlton-branded credit card issued in the United States (collectively “Marriott Bonvoy Credit Cards”), which must be issued at the time of your stay to be eligible for the additional 2,000 bonus points per brand, starting with the second brand.
- Stays at Homes & Villas by Marriott International, Marriott Executive Apartments®, and owner-occupied weeks at Marriott Vacation Club®, Marriott Grand Residence Club®, Sheraton Vacation Club®, Westin Vacation Club®, The Ritz-Carlton Club®, St. Regis Residence Club®, and Luxury Collection Residence Club, are not eligible for bonus points for this promotion.
- To see the Terms & Conditions, visit here.
Related Article: Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Card Gets New Features
Featured image by Marriott Bonvoy
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.