Hilton is extending loyalty perks for Hilton Honors members. The new extension will see Hilton Honors members enjoy their current elite-tier status through March 2023, a moratorium on points expiration until the end of 2022, and relaxed qualification requirements for gaining status.
Hilton Extending Loyalty Perks Again
Hilton has once again announced an extension to elite status tiers for its Hilton Honors loyalty members. While travel continues to recover after a nearly two-year coronavirus downturn, traveler numbers have not returned to their pre-pandemic levels.
Because of this, Hilton is offering current Honors members “can expect to retain their Points and elite status for an extended period of time and earn status more easily in 2022,” according to a press release.
“As we get back to a new season of travel together, we want our loyal guests to know that we made these program changes with them top-of-mind,” said Jenn Chick, vice president and global head, Hilton Honors and Customer Engagement, Hilton. “We are proud to lead the hospitality industry in providing flexibility, once again, to our valued Hilton Honors members to help them make new memories when they’re ready to travel again.”
Hilton Honors Program Extension Details
These new changes to the Hilton Honor program include:
- Extending elite status through March 31, 2023, so members can maintain their status perks and benefits longer.
- The pausing points expiration until December 31, 2022, so members have more time to use their points towards free nights at more than 6,600 Hilton hotels, exclusive Hilton Honors Experiences, live events, charitable donations, and more.
- Relaxing 2022 elite status qualifications around earning status, milestone bonuses, and status gifting from 2019 requirements to make these benefits easier to achieve. In 2022, Hilton Honors members will earn the following:
- Status Tier Requirements
- Silver status at seven nights, three stays, or 17,500 Base Points.
- Gold status at 28 nights, 14 stays, or 52,500 Base Points.
- Diamond status at 42 nights, 21 stays, or 84,000 Base Points.
- Milestone Bonuses
- 10,000 Bonus Points at 30 nights.
- 10,000 Bonus Points for every 10 additional nights (after 30 nights).
- One-time 30,000 Bonus Points at 60 nights.
- Elite Status Gifting
- A one-time gift of Gold status for a friend or family member at 40 nights, upgraded to Diamond status at 70 nights.
- Extending Rollover Nights for members of every status level so that all completed 2021 nights automatically roll over and count toward 2022 tier qualifications.
- Continuing flexibility of specific benefits for U.S. Hilton Honors American Express Card Members through December 31, 2022.
- Free Weekend Night Certificates, including those issued in 2022, are usable any night of the week.
- Hilton Honors bonus points earned from eligible purchases on any Hilton Honors American Express Card will continue to count as base points toward elite tier qualification and lifetime Diamond status through December 31, 2022.
- Status Tier Requirements
About Hilton Honors
Hilton Honors is the hotel rewards program from Hilton Worldwide Holdings – more commonly known as Hilton Hotels. The Hilton Honors program is regarded as one of the richest rewards programs available today. This program also features lucrative co-branded credit cards from American Express:
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.