Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Commerce Miles® Visa Signature
- Regular Purchase APR 12.49% to 25.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 12.49% to 25.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 12 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Visa
- No annual fee
- No foreign transaction fees
- Earn 2.5X miles on travel purchases, including airfare, hotels, and rideshares
- Earn 1 miles per dollar spent on all other purchases
- Miles expire after four years
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 12 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 12.49% to 25.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 12.49% to 25.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each balance transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 27.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The Commerce Miles® Visa is a no annual fee travel rewards credit card from Commerce Bank. The card earns unlimited 2.5X miles on all travel purchases, including airfare, hotels, rideshares, and more.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Wanta no hassle rewards card for future vacations
- Plan to use their card abroad
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
Commerce Miles® Review
Commerce Miles® is an intriguing travel rewards credit card from Commerce Bank. The no annual fee card offers an excellent earning rate that places it on equal footing with the Wells Fargo Propel American Express.
How to Earn Rewards
The Commerce Miles® Visa offers its best points-potential on travel. The card earns 2.5X points on all eligible travel purchases, which includes:
- Airfare (through airlines or travel agencies)
- Car rentals
- Hotels, motels, timeshares, and other lodgings (through the property or travel agencies)
- Rideshares (including Uber)
- Taxis and limousine services
- Travel agency purchases
The 2.5X miles on travel purchases is a broad category – especially when rideshare services are included. Because Uber is classified as a rideshare, the card also earns 2.5X points on UberEATS purchases made through the Uber app – making it a decent delivery credit card as well.
All other purchases with the card earn a single point per dollar spent (1X). Commerce Bank rewards expire after four years.
How to Redeem Rewards
Redeeming reward miles with Commerce apply to any of the following redemption options:
- Hotel stays (vouchers)
- Car rentals
- Digital or physical gift cards
- Statement credits
- Discounts on fuel
- Charitable donations
There are no blackout dates or restrictions when redeeming miles.
Wells Fargo Propel American Express v. Commerce Miles Visa: Head-to-Head
Wells Fargo PropelAmerican Express
3X points on dining, travel, gas stations, and streaming services
1X points on all other purchases
Points never expire
No foreign transaction fees
Cell phone protection
Commerce MilesVisa Signature
2.5X miles on travel and rideshares
1X miles on all other purchases
Miles expire after 4 years
No foreign transaction fees
Cell phone protection
Visa payment network
Travel without Hassle
The Commerce Miles® offers a lot of positives for those planning to take the card abroad. First and foremost, the Miles Card benefits from the near-global acceptance of the Visa payment network.
Visa is the largest payment network globally, with over 45 million merchants accepting Visa credit cards in over 200 countries. American Express, for comparison, is the third-largest payment network, with limited availability outside of North America, Western Europe, and Southeast Asia.
Beyond the near-global Visa network, Commerce Miles® cardholders enjoy no foreign transaction fees, Visa’s Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, and other travel perks, including:
- Visa Roadside Dispatch
- Emergency Cash Disbursement and Card Replacement
- Global Card Services
- Cell phone protection
0% Intro APR
The Commerce Miles® Visa also benefits from a lengthy-introductory APR. New accounts enjoy 0% intro APR for 12 months on purchases, followed by a very competitive APR after that. Applicants with excellent credit can expect an interest rate for both purchases and balance transfers that is roughly four percentage points lower than the national average for a travel rewards credit card.
Should You Apply for the Commerce Miles® Card?
The Commerce Miles® Visa is a very enticing offer for the traveler who wants a versatile rewards card but does not want to pay an annual fee. The 0% into APR makes the card perfect for financing a getaway, while the Visa payment network and no foreign transaction fees mean the card will be useful no matter where the plane’s wheels touch down
The addition of rideshares is another great feature, making the card a valuable earner when ordering in via UberEATS. The lack of a gas category for 2.5X points is a major letdown, especially as it is a Propel feature.
Overall, the Commerce Miles® is a great travel card for the budget-conscious traveler – or anyone that wants a versatile rewards card for the occasional trek overseas =-or to their favorite bed and breakfast.